Tuesday, January 24, 2006

blah....

So there has been another delay. Not completely my fault….our old computer kinda quit….well, not kinda. It completely quit. We had to get a new one, and husband insisted on this certain one that was at the store that had all these rebates and was really gonna be a good deal… and then he went and bought it, and it was an okay deal, but it was nothing like what he told me, but it’s a lot better than the one that wasn’t working at all. So anyway, I’m finally up and running.

So where to begin this update?!? I could write about New Years Eve, and how great it was to be with friends and how my friend Jonnie’s son taught Ana how to play chess. We had fireworks, and the kid banged pots and pans and stayed up way too late, but it was NEW YEARS EVE, MOMMY!!!

So that’s that. We came back to Philly with this god awful crazy weather that can’t decide weather to stay cold or hot or rain or snow. In 3 days we had 60 degrees and rain change to 20 degrees and snow. It is simply ridiculous, and it messes with my head, and it needs to stop. Seriously, I thought I was going to have a nervous break down. Thank you, Ativan.

Have I mentioned lately that I’ve decided that I am the next American Idol?

I had one of my epiphanies yesterday. It wasn’t really an epiphany. It was something that I’ve been aware of for a while, but I wasn’t completely sure what was happening, or maybe I just wasn’t ready to do what I had to do…but I’ve decided that this isn’t my life. What I am doing now is not what I was born to be doing. I am not supposed to be stuck here in this strange complacency. So, I’ve decided that I’m no longer going to be. If this is not my life, then DAMMIT, I’m going to make it what it should be. It’ll be all good. I’ll let everyone know how that works out for me. Peace.

2 comments:

Snewo said...

I've been attempting to go back to temple for a sit. NPR has done this piece all week about one National Geographic journalist's trek up a mountain in Tibet. It is part of a traditional Tibetan Buddhist pilgrimage.

Anyway, he said one statement that has kind of stuck with me as of late. Buddha says it's all about the moment.

"Each step is a reminder of mortality -- and the weight of that responsibility is a constant reminder to use each moment in a responsible and constructive manner."

Walk with that, dear friend. Complacency is for cattle.

Fionnix said...

Yeah! You're back. I'll vote for you on American Idol... or anything else... just give me a heads up first because I hardly watch TV. :P

Kissy face,
Rhi