Thursday, December 15, 2005

The baby is crying....

I don't know what's wrong with her, so I put her to bed and let her work it out. We'll see how long it goes before she stops crying. It slows, goes away, and then starts back up again.

I got an invitation to THE party of the season in Philadelphia. A lot of law firms have their own parties, but several of the big name guys get together every year and host a huge party with open bar and heavy hors d'overs (sp?) and lot of important people in the world of criminal law and the Court of Common Pleas. There are so many stories about how great it is and who shows up, and how great the food is. Last week, one of the lawyers walked into the court room with the invitations, handed one to the court crier, one to the court clerk, and then one to me. I was elated. The court clerk and I excused ourselves to the empty jury room to jump up and down and do a little dance. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED. Free booze and tons of networking!! The court officer that I work with has gone for the past few years, and he's going to get me into the music room with the pianist to sing! YAY! Now, if only I knew some Christmas songs. Dammit. Being a bah humbug will definately come around to bite me in the ass if I start taking requests!

Maura just started back up again. She wails once or twice then stops..then wails, then stops. I hope she's not getting sick. She rarely naps at the babysitters, so I'm trying to attribute it to over-tiredness. We'll see.

Hubby bought me this gorgeous crushed red velvet top to wear to the party. It's very nice and festive. It'll look great. I'm so excited. I'm going to network my ass off...and drink for free too...and hubby is staying home with the kids. This is going to be a fun fun night.

She was quiet for a while..then she coughed (dammit) and started to cry again. PLEASE god let her sleep. Maybe I'll give her something to drink....


Now i'm finished with formatting and she hasn't started beck up yet. Good. I'm going to have a nice hot bath.

2 comments:

Fionnix said...

Woot. Write back with all of the details. I hope that your sweet darlin' isn't sick. Sounds like you have a gem of a hubbie.

Overall...

Upgrade! Hahaa.

*cough*

VH1. I'm trying to quit.

Fionnix said...

*tags and hides*

Hey, I tagged you...to find out more you can read my post today.