Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A lot of ridiculousness......

It’s ridiculous that I work my ass off at a job that I
don’t hate, but get paid NOTHING for. It’s ridiculous
how I am treated like a child there. It’s ridiculous
that the interpreter in my court room right now barely
speaks Spanish. It’s ridiculous that this Assistant
District Attorney has a job. It’s ridiculous that it
is almost 2pm, and I’ve had no hint of a lunch break.
It’s ridiculous that I read blogs of my ex-boyfriend’s
girlfriend(s). It’s ridiculous that she seems so
contented with him. It’s ridiculous that knows
exactly what to do to make girls fall for him. It’s
ridiculous that we have 2 incomes in our house, and no
money. It’s ridiculous that my husband has a college
degree, and that I have some college education, and we
still are broke. It’s ridiculous that we live in a 2
bedroom apt with 2 kids, a dog and a hamster, and of
late, a mouse. It’s ridiculous that my house stays
such a f*cking mess. It’s ridiculous that all the
people in the room where I am are talking at once.
It’s ridiculous that I haven’t found another job yet.
It’s ridiculous that I can’t get a good gig at a
decent bar here. It’s ridiculous that my sister is
dating a complete loser. It’s ridiculous that I don’t
update this blog more often. It’s ridiculous that my
friend in Atlanta can receive emails from me, but
cannot send any to me. It’s ridiculous that I go down
to Georgia about twice a year. It’s ridiculous that
there are people that I haven’t seen since my wedding
that I consider to be some of my “best” friends. It’s
ridiculous that I haven’t smacked this ADA in the head
yet. It’s ridiculous how cold it is in this room.
It’s ridiculous that we have such a whack job for a
president in this country. It’s ridiculous that this
interpreter begins every sentence with the word
“entonces.” It’s ridiculous that my Spanish is better
than his. It’s ridiculous that I am actually sitting
here, typing this out, with all this going on and I’m
hungry and cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! God will take care of you.

taboot said...

I just LOVE SPAM comments!!!

Anonymous said...

It's ridiculous how badly your friend in Atlanta misses you when she can't email you at work. It's ridiculous what a shitty week she has been having at work, almost like the whole evil email thing is exaggerated to make your friend hate her job even further.

It's ridiculous that your friend from Atlanta was reading a magazine tonight, and contemplating punched tin kitchen ceilings, and thinking about how much fun it would be to have you with her when she destroys her new house with her overzealous creativity.

It's ridiculous that your friend in Atlanta is getting laid once a week, and is beginning to go into a depressive funk about it.

It's ridiculous that your friend in Atlanta saw a picture of Katie Holmes pregnant at the grocery store magazine aisle, and began to cry because you two are supposed to be barefoot and pregnant together someday.

It's ridiculous how badly your friend in Atlanta misses you.

It's ridiculous that you are having such an awesome time at church, while your nutty friend from Atlanta has been invited to be part of a big drum circle in North GA.

It's ridiculous how alone we all can feel.

I love you.