Friday, April 14, 2006

What a day....

And on top of having the day off, the TV that I bought hubby for his bday went on sale at the wonderful Circuit City, and so I took my receipt and got 110% of the difference. WOW! How cool is that!

Good Friday mass was so peaceful. The Holy Thursday mass last night was nice as well. When we arrived at church there was a beautiful rainbow. Last night, we played the handbells and a soprano and I sang Pange Lingua. It was really a beautiful service. I went back at 10:45 for the prayer service, and that was nice too. At today's service, i cantored, which was a lot of fun. There was a cellist and I sang the Pslam with him and it was so beautiful. In-laws and hubby came to hear me sing, and even some of the RCIA instructors from last year. I'm looking forward to the Easter Vigil. It starts at dusk when the priest lights a fire and carves some symbols into a wax cross. Then we all process in together and proclaim that Jesus is the light of the world as all the candles and lights in the church are re-lit after everything was darkened last night. I love the ritual of the Catholic church. There are definitely pagan roots to a lot of the things they do. It's all very interesting.

The moon tonight coming home from Circuit City was blood red. It was really spooky. Kinda neat though....Good Friday, Jesus died, the blood of Christ and all....

yeah, okay. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Fionnix said...

Great piece, Taboot. Nice imagery.

110% rocks, too. Dang. Good work.